Thursday, June 16, 2016

Art Guild of Scarborough Jurors award.

I would like to share a very inspiring statement from Artist Sam Paonessa.
He was the Juror at the Art Guild of Scarborough Art Show a few weeks ago and he wrote the following.
"Jurying for me is like walking through a garden. There will be areas of the garden that are pleasant, maybe some areas that need work, some flowers haven't yet bloomed, but my eye catches a jewel of colour or an inspirational composition.
Walking through The Art Guild of Scarborough exhibition was like that experience. There were many works that stood out and a number continued to draw my attention. Those were the pieces that won awards.........
The pleasure I received in jurying was finding some real gems in The Art Guild of Scarborough garden. Top honours went to a piece titled "Hidden". It is well named because I almost missed it, but when discovered it spoke to me and was able to say "I found you." "
Sam Paonessa
I was the proud recipient of this special Jurors Choice award.
With so many beautiful paintings at the show, I certainly didnt’ expect to win this award with a small 8x10 painting.
Sam Paonessa certainly knows how to describe a garden.
So all you artist out there, keep painting no matter what !!
Hidden, 8x10, ink. Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment